Canzler advises companies on how to reorganize their internal service processes as well as in- and outsourcing facilities services. Hospitality is one of the success factors. Based on the experience gained with several completed projects, in particular in connection with facility management tendering and awards processes, we can also help your company establish services with a strong client focus.
By Andreas Rausch, graduate engineer, Canzler GmbH
In the hotel and tourism sector, hospitality, one of the industry's core services, has always been one of the most important factors driving success. The term is being used increasingly in the corporate world, and as such in FM services as well. Hospitality is also crucial in providing employees with an optimum working environment. The logic could not be simpler: Employees who feel comfortable in their workplace work more effectively and are capable of more, thereby creating a positive attitude, which impacts on the value added chain and not least of all on client satisfaction.
This is where the idea of service-oriented FM to support core processes comes in, as many of the FM services directly relate to the employees and have a direct impact on their well-being, for example reception staff, security and cleaning personnel, and HVAC technicians.
What role do facility services play in terms of the idea of hospitality?
In Canzler's opinion, integrating hospitality into FM services is one of the conerstones for a positive experience on the part of FM clients. For this reason, when specifying FM services and choosing service providers, Canzler recommends that companies aim for a positive service experience provided by selected, trained employees, thus firmly anchoring the hospitality idea in FM services.
Important factors with regard to implementation in FM services are:
Enhancing our service mentality and service focus
- Service focus as a selection criterion and yardstick of staff helpfulness and courteousness in all areas
- Service staff motivation and identification with their duties and the company
- Reliability and high level of expertise with absolute client focus and flexibility
Introduction of active complaints management
- Firm action in the event of complaints and avoiding any escalation by the reliance on a clearly defined and agreed escalation process
- Personal and service-related documentation of complaints and claims
- Staff training in client communications and in dealing with client complaints and claims
Improving information management
- As a decision-making tool our clients receive, proactively and in good time, relevant information in the form of complete reports and evaluations, as well as recommendations for action based on these
- Active, swift feedback through notification of status and completion ("ticketing") as well as support for staff in prioritizing tasks create transparency
Implementing innovation management
- Innovation and a thirst for improvement are among our clear corporate goals
- Users' needs are recognized, relevant services offered, and client interest and demand stimulated through new client-oriented offerings
- The introduction of innovative IT tools with which to make services and information available and assess them results in greater acceptance
Our goal is to offer our clients the very best services at all times, to wow them with extra services and thereby to increase their willingness to remunerate these extra and innovative new services appropriately.
Service excellence in accordance with DIN SPEC 77224
The DIN SPEC 7724 "Service Excellence" is the basis for integrating hospitality. It defines the in-company management and control processes designed to optimize client loyalty:
- Excellence - the management's responsibility
- Excellence - the focus of resources
- Avoiding errors and waste
- Collating relevant client experiences
- Delighting clients with innovative services
- Assessment of their enthusiasm and its effects
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
The internal implementation of the DIN presupposes the management requirements of ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 10002 (Pro-active Complaint Management) .