Frankfurt/Main

Association building of the chemical industry

Revitalisation and facade renovation of an inner-city office tower on Mainzer Landstraße
The eleven-storey disk high-rise is part of an ensemble of two high-rise buildings of the Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V. (VCI) on Mainzer Landstraße in Frankfurt. Built in 1954, it was the first building block of the ensemble and was supplemented by a 14-storey point high-rise in 1972. Canzler provided the planning services for the revitalization and developed a double-skin natural stone façade with integrated ventilation in close dialogue with the participating specialist planners as a replacement for the aluminium sheet metal façade used in a first renovation. The new façade of light beige Jura marble contrasts with the base and relates to the original design, as does the shed roof over the 10th floor, which is set back on three sides. The office space on the upper floors was dismantled down to the development cores and the sanitary facilities and completely redesigned.
Share article

Project data

Object details:
14-storey office tower, planning and site supervision of modernisation and facade renovation
Client:
VCI - Verband der Chemischen Industrie
Architect:
Canzler / PMA
GFA:
7.690 m2

Provided activities

Planning

Architecture
Photo:
© Thomas Koculak Fotografie